The teaching team are very experienced, approachable and supportive and are fully committed to helping you achieve to the best of your ability. You’ll learn in small study groups and will have access to modern hardware and industry-standard software in order to prepare you for your transition to employment. Our connections will allow you to gain the latest skills and knowledge needed to be successful in the computing and systems development industry.
The teaching team are very experienced, approachable and supportive and are fully committed to helping you achieve to the best of your ability. We also have a range of real-life projects that you will be invited to work on as part of your programme.
This course is validated by the University of Hull.
Year 1 • Academic Excellence • Networking Fundamentals • Fundamentals of Programming • Website Design • User Interface Design • Business Systems ModellingYear 2 • Group Project • E-Commerce • Database DevelopmentNetworking pathway: • System Security • Computer Communications and Networks
Software Development pathway: • Web Application Development • Data Structures and AlgorithmsGeneral pathway: • Computer Communications and Networks • Data Structures and Algorithms
Year 3 • Dissertation • Professional Development • Web Analytics • Networking pathway: • Cyber Security • Cloud Computing Software • Development pathway: • Intelligent Systems • Mobile App Development • General pathway: • Intelligent Systems • Cloud Computing
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C/4 or equivalent
- 64 UCAS points from a minimum of two A Levels (or equivalent) in a related subject or 60 Access to HE credits (of which a minimum of 45 must be at Level 3) in a related subject
- Applicants who lack formal qualifications will be set an appropriate piece of work that will take into account their academic potential and relevant experience
- Applicants may also be admitted with credit for prior certified learning (APcL) or work/life experience or other uncertified learning (APeL)
- All applicants who are non-native English speakers, or who have not studied the final two years of school in English, must have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above
- All applicants will attend a 1-week summer school.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of the page.
Upon successful completion of this course you could go into employment as a Website Designer, Software Engineer, Network Technician, Data Analyst, Internet Marketer or Programmer.
My main area of expertise lies within the field of computers with a particular interest in website design, user interface design, spreadsheet modelling and databases; all key areas which are embedded into the course modulesLavin Osman Lecturer in Computing
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024-25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.